Pages


x60

What aspect of your management style would you like to change?

No-one is the perfect manager so denying that you have any areas for improvement shows a lack of self-awareness and insight. Focus on an aspect of your management style that you're working to improve. Describe the steps you're taking and give evidence on your progress.
"I have been trying not to give my employees the answers when they ask for help with a problem. They need to learn how to come up with the solutions themselves and I need to guide and facilitate this process. I have read up on how to do this and have put these facilitation skills into practice.For example, I allocate however much time is needed to sit down with the employee and work through the problem. We discuss it, I give my view of the situation and then ask the employee to go away and think about the best solution."
Smowtion