Pages


x60

ABOUT REPEATING YOUR SELF.

BELOW WE HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR QUESTIONS 2

1. Why should this company consider you for this position?
2. What is your worst character trait, in your opinion?
3. Why would you choose this field of employment?
4. Why would you pick this company?
5. What salary do you expect?
6. What can you do for my company if I hire you?
7. What are your work goals for the future?
8. How can you prove to me that you can do the job?
9. Has your education prepared you for the job?
10. What position in the company do you want?
GUIDANCE FOR QUESTION 2

‘What is your worst character trait, in your opinion?’


This is a trick question to see whether you can think quickly.
The interviewer does not need you to volunteer negative information.
To answer this question you take one of your BEST HABITS CHARACTER
TRAITS or HOBBIES and extend it so that it appears to be bad.


Granton pre-employment skills Training Page | 11


Example Answer 1 (the interviewer knows this answer so try something different)

One of my worst traits is that once I get involved with a job or project I tend to
lose sense of time. I know how inconsiderate and annoying this is to my
spouse/family/partner/friend (you choose) and I have been working on forcing
myself to take a break to telephone them. This seems to be working so far.

Example Answer 2 (a variation on #1)

One of my worst traits is that I like things to be tidy. I prefer to work in a tidy
environment and in the past have attempted to make co-workers conform to my
ideas. I know how inconsiderate and annoying this habit is. After all I know that
people are different and I have been working on myself to be more considerate
with those whose ideas of tidiness differ from mine. This seems to be working so
far.

Example Answer 2 (a variation on #1)

One of my worst traits is that I like to be on time. I prefer meetings to start on
time and to end on time. In the past I have attempted to make co-workers conform
to my ideas of punctuality. I know how inconsiderate and annoying this habit is.
After all I know that people are different and I have been working on myself to be
more considerate with those whose ideas of punctuality differ from mine. This
seems to be working so far.

Example Answer 3 (a variation on #1)

One of my worst traits is that I am a Blue Jays Fan/ Sports fan/ reading fan/ (you
choose one of your hobbies). I tend to run on when talking about my hobby and
this can be annoying to my fellow workers around the lunch table. I know how
inconsiderate and annoying this habit is. After all I know that people have are
different interests and I have been working on myself to be more considerate and I
am limiting my enthusiasm. This seems to be working so far.

Make sure you have answers for all ten questions. During the interview mentally
tick off the questions as they are asked. BE PREPARED.
Smowtion